November 30th 2023 11:00:00 AM
Invigorate Sales: Ideas for Using Inventory Software
April 4th 2019 15:00:00 PM
Inventory software doesn’t sound like a sales tool, but did you know that you can use it to boost sales?
Depending on the seasonality of your business, this may be a busy time of year or it may be a slow season. If it’s busy, your inventory software can help you keep popular items in stock to maximize sales. And if it’s a slow season, you’ll be able to move sluggish items by identifying them for special sales and clearance events.
Busy Season: Identify Top Sellers
Use your inventory software during busy seasons to:
- Re-order popular and fast-selling items early to keep them in stock
- Proactively identify items your best customers want and need, and contact them to see if they want to increase their orders
- Maintain consistent inventory levels to maximize sales peaks
Slow Season: Identify Sales Items
During slow seasons, inventory software helps you identify aging items to push them out through clearance sales or special deals.
- Identify aging inventory and begin the discounting process
- Update stock counts and reorganize bins and shelves
- Clear out the return area and scan items back into inventory
- Review reports for sales patterns to predict best sellers
Scanco Warehouse for Sage 100
Scanco warehouse for Sage 100 offers a flexible approach to inventory monitoring, tracking, and management. It integrates easily and seamlessly with Sage 100 ERP, adding almost instantaneous information about your inventory status to the ERP system. Current inventory automatically updates on the dashboard, providing you with instant views of your current stock counts.
Let’s face it—inventory represents one of the most valuable areas of your business. You have a lot of money tied up in your inventory. Smart inventory management begins with robust inventory software such as Scanco Warehouse for Sage 100.
To learn more, contact Scanco.