March 22nd 2023 11:00:00 AM
What Is the Purpose of a Warehouse Control System?
October 17th 2019 15:00:00 PM
A warehouse control system is a sophisticated management application that enables your business to manage and direct the real-time activities in a warehouse or distribution center. These systems provide a single interface for multiple systems.
The purpose of a warehouse control system is to:
- Interface with the warehouse management system and provide information needed to manage distribution
- Provide real-time information to managers and operators inside the warehouse
- Allocate work to subsystems to handle the existing workload
- Send shipments to designated spots based on pre-set commands
- Collect data on warehouse operations
Sage100 and Sage Production Management a Powerful Combination
One system offers a comprehensive package to manage all aspects of your warehouse: Sage100 and Sage Production Management. This combination enables you to access accurate and real-time information about inventory and scheduling. Such information is invaluable. It can help you make quick decisions to win business, fulfill orders, and improve customer service.
Sage Production Management runs on the Sage 100 framework to give you updated inventory quantities in real time. It can be customized to fit the types of products you are working with, as well as the volumes you are moving. If you want even further customization, optional extensions are available.
Ready to implement a warehouse control system? Contact us online or call (330) 645-9959 to arrange an appointment with a Solutions Expert today.