June 21st 2022 11:00:00 AM
Sage 100 Warehouse Automation Reduces Error, Saves Money
May 10th 2016 15:00:25 PM
Nothing improves accuracy and efficiency in the warehouse more than automation. With a warehouse management and automation system, you reduce the opportunity for human error and increase productivity. With Scanco warehouse automation for Sage 100, your warehouse is brought to a whole new level.
Investments in Automated Business Processes and Barcode Systems Pay Off
Manufacturers and distributors have recognized the value of automated business processes, especially barcode systems in the warehouse. Improving the efficiency of warehouse logistics and minimizing costly mistakes is of critical importance. These automated systems and processes improve inventory accuracy; better tracking can improve cash flow and profitability. Investments in automated business processes have shown significant returns for all types of businesses.
Warehouse Automation Reduces Human Error
Even with great training and stellar performance, employees are human and humans make mistakes. Even small mistakes can translate into costly errors in the warehouse. When you arm your employees with warehouse automation and mobile barcoding systems, you enable them to provide error-free inventory management. Reducing errors are an opportunity to improve the bottom line. One small business quickly found out that by implementing an automated business process they could save $40,000 per year. An HVAC contractor featured in Small Biz Trends was losing money on parts and supplies that slipped through their manual inventory cracks. Once barcoding technology was installed in the company’s warehouse, they quickly found out where the gaps had occurred and were able to rectify their inventory mistakes. Their investment in automation reduced the human errors encountered during inventory checks and helped them save money.
Sage 100 Warehouse Automation Yields Significant Benefits
If you’re considering investing in warehouse management and Sage 100 barcoding systems, you will see significant benefits.
- Precise inventory control: Barcode systems and other automation enable precise just in time inventory management. Never be out of stock on critical components or materials.
- Improved cash flows: Because precise inventory control reduces expenses, cash flows improve. You’ll have more cash available to invest in other projects.
- Reduce waste: Automated business systems can help you reduce waste and excess.
- Faster data: Business systems can provide faster, more accurate data. This can help you more quickly address changes in marketplace dynamics, buyer demand and more.
- Better tracking: Never be without essential supplies or equipment again. Barcodes can be used to track equipment, trucks, supplies and more so that you’ll always know precisely where they’re located. You can plan better and reduce downtime when you know where everything is at a moment’s notice.
Scanco Warehouse for Sage 100 is simple and fast warehouse automation that can be used on any device. With its seamless integration to Sage 100, you gain the advantages of real-time data that you can count on in the warehouse floor and in the office. In the warehouse, you can transfer inventory, make an item inquiry, select and create batches, make a physical count and more all from a mobile device.
Automation doesn’t have to end in the warehouse, Scanco also offers mobile applications for your sales force and mobile field service staff as well. Integrated, automated, cost-effective. Scanco Sales provides mobile sales capabilities that are fully integrated with Sage 100.
If you are ready to automate your warehouse, contact us for a free consultation. Scanco has met the needs of thousands of distributors and manufacturers with an extensive line of warehouse management solutions designed to integrate with ERP solutions.