February 20th 2024 11:00:00 AM
Warehouse Management: Five Steps to More Productive Employees
May 5th 2016 15:00:19 PM
Warehouse management can be challenging at the best of times. In addition to managing inventory, you have to manage employees as well. Employee engagement and productivity are important factors in your success. When your business is growing and your volume of work is increasing, try these tips to increase employee productivity before hiring new staff. Improving employee motivation and engagement is shown to greatly increase productivity and reduce absenteeism. Here are five ideas to try to keep your workforce engaged:
- Value their ideas: Collect and respond to input from your employees whether it is through regular department meetings, an idea box or email.
- Learn their motivators: Everyone is motivated by different things. Learn what drives each individual whether that is opportunity, praise, flexibility or something else.
- Compensate and reward appropriately: Most employees are motivated by money. Paying competitive, industry rates will go a long way. Other items such as vacations, performance bonuses and gift vouchers can be used to reward excellent work.
- Be generous with non-monetary rewards: Many employees are motivated by respect and praise for a job well-done. Write notes of appreciation or offer creative, non-monetary rewards such as a special parking space.
- Offer training and a career path: Knowing how to do a job well is the best way to increase productivity. Care about the future of your employees and mentor them on how to reach their goals.
Learn more ways to increase your employee productivity with warehouse automation tools from Scanco. Scanco has a team of certified consultants who can advise you on best practices in warehouse management. Contact us to review your current warehouse management processes.